Monday, November 17, 2008

Fell in love with New York City...

When I first moved to NY, I was 18 or 19. I hated it because I lived in Brooklyn, NY in this three family house basement. It was small, dark and smell. I lived there for almost 2 years and I moved away to Atlanta, GA. When I became a flight attendant, I have a chance to lived in NYC again but this time it was in my friend apt on Mulberry Street between Bayer and Canal Street. NYC just as I remember it 12 years ago...not a place I would like to lived in.

Today I see NYC very differently because of my good friend Mei Lin. Her boyfriend lived in this fabulous apt. on 43rd Street between 10th and 11th Avenue. This apt has a balcony with a fabulous view of the City and Hudson river. It was amazing...

I fell in love with the NYC today for the very first time...

1 comment:

Mei said...

I hated New York when I first moved to the States with my parents. It was nothing but a foreign and scary place to me. The indescriable smell in the air, the filthy mess on the E train that we've all taken...I prayed everyday to God to take me away from this place. Of course that was when I was 12. Then I landed my first job in aviation at Skywest Airlines that gave me the free pass to fly all over. That's when I started appreciating NYC. That's when I realized how everything I ever needed is right in front of me in this beautiful city I used to hate. Now when I fly away I can't wait to come back to New York, my sweet home.